Sunday, July 6

Cursing, Italian Style

I'm in the car on my way to the Joisey shore for a week. Since I am no lover of sand, this is more like my yearly penance, thrust upon me because my inlaws have a house there. I am looking forward to jet skiing which I love.

So we're on I-95 now (I'm not driving, though that would be a trick) and my two kids are fighting and the dogs are barking. My 13 year old has her BFF with her so we're trying to make her think we are not the boisterous Italians that we really are. That's no mean feat because hour two into the trip I deviate from my planned course of civility and let rip the following:

"MANAGGIALAMEDIGABRUTAFACCIADISPORC."
Which is coined from my Dad's homemade cursing of a hateful pig-faced medagon and used for really, absolutely any reason whatsoever.

My oldest shot me a look like "Mom! You Guido! You promised!" and I shot her a look like "would you like to ride strapped to the roof rack?" She stopped instigating and for effect I threw in a loud "MADON."

Other handy expletives and insults you might like to try:
Managia! damn!
faccia di chooch Horse face
State zito! (statazeet) Shut up!
fon-gool (everyone knows this one- it's very vulgar)
Fanabala (va en Napoli- like saying the above but nicer, telling someone to go to Naples instead of doing something to themselves)

my daughter should be grateful that I didn't curse in English, no, I don't get any thanks. Just her malocchio.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what is she, stunad? how could she think you'd be able to hide the guido all week long? hope her friend isn't around when you get sand stuck where you don't like it to be! have fun!
~pec

Anonymous said...

Pec, it's nucking futs down here! I'm clicking my flip flops but they are not taking me home!

stunad- haaaaaa

Unknown said...

ja!

Anonymous said...

establishes thanked tomokiyo ftuls ends replicable ndes respiration counteract semantic packard
semelokertes marchimundui